leaky roof part 2

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

newavocado

I wrote in earlier about puddles on the roof of my pop out room. The puddles are small and less than an inch deep. do I really have to build a new roof?
there is a very slight slope to the roof. Can i just put a small metal patch over the low point- puddle and seal it with peel and seal??
Greg

Hi, A patch is just that, a patch. It will work for a while, how long is anyone's guess. You MAY be able to pop the low spots up with a suction cup or toilet plunger to prevent the puddles.
Given the time frame & approching weather I would be tempted do do a patch job and wait untill next spring if possible. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Manitoba Bill

Not knowing which part of the country you are in but if the low spots are near the seam perhaps you could use the "Ice and Water Shield" to take the moisture past the seam.

Or if you know where the leaks are maybe you can find this product. (Prices are Canadian)

http://www.homehardware.ca/en/exclusive-to-home_93.htm
[color=red]
I'm not an Expert, just a DIY[/color]
JD
Site Admin

The link Bill posted leads to Eternabond, which might work for you. I don't know how long it would last in puddles, even though Eternabond says it could be applied on wet or underwater surfaces. You could try just sealing the flashing area and any metal seams, but again, I don't know how long this would last under puddles. I have used both Eternabond Seal and fabric laminated products and have been quite impressed with it.

Ice and Water Shield is a roof underlayment, similar to Owen's Corning WeatherGuard. It is used under composition shingles and is not suitable for use in direct sunlight.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
troyster

Try Liquid Rubber to seal the leak . I used 2 gallons of the stuff on my roof and I am very impressed with it. Get it through wholesale roofing companys to get a quality product at a reasonable price.