Heating vent registers

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

perriboni

I've read in your archives regarding the covering of registers not being a good idea as it effects the efficency of the air flow. In a post:

RE: How to decrease airflow in some ducts? (Views: 496) Posted:07-20-2005 4:22:48pm
June B | View My Profile
Forum User Joined: 04-10-2005 3:05:44pm

They do sell filters for the vents. I guess....

What are the filters for and properly called so I can inquire and find out what they are at Home Depot, etc..
Robert

Hi,

This was in reference to the small filters for the floor registers.

Floor Register or Vent Filters. They can be purchased at HD, Lowe's, Wal-Mart, etc.... .

They help filter the air coming from ductwork, but must be cleaned changed regular.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?

I get my vent filters from Home Depot. They come in a pack of 12 and are manufactured by WEB Products, Inc. They have to be changed every 90 days or so, but they do catch quite a bit of dirt from your vents. The most difficult thing about using them is cutting them to fit and wedging them into the register cover.
Robert

I would advise changing/cleaning them at a 30-45 day max interval.

If you add resistance to airflow through the duct, you are placing the unit at risk of costly breakdowns.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?