Painting interior walls

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Jess

Our 99 Fleetwood Doublewide has these walls which are white with this grayish pattern on it, like small pieces of thread intertwined in these ugly light colored stripes

I think it's ugly and I hate it, it's all over the house! It's just too much! The original owners were pretty creative with doing some things around the place and they painted the bathroom this maroon color but they painted over the original wall and when we took a towel rack off to replace with a brass one, we noticed the paint came with it revealing the original pattern.

The wall feels like it has some kind of texture but my guess is it's probably the standard issue.

So my question is:

What is the proper way to prep these walls and is there anything else I should know before we attempt to paint?

I'm attaching two pictures where the wall is close enough to see the stripes. I know they're not the best pics but if you can get past the adorable cat in you'll see the color and a little of the pattern of stripes. I HATE IT!

If it had been a couple of walls I wouldn't have minded but it's every wall in the house except the kitchen.

Image.
Yanita

Hi Jess,

LOL, I did have to look at the cat before the walls, pretty kitty, my preferred pet!

Anyways, there are many, many threads on this in the decorating forum. You seem to have the standard wallboard that the newer homes come with.

Prep is easy, wash the walls with TSP, this can be purchased at Lowe's. When walls are completely dry prime with primer of your choice, my preference is Kilz Premium 2. Then paint with the highest quality of paint you can afford.

I am going to move this thread to the Decorating forum. You can also check out other wall ideas there.

Need further help please let us know.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!