Finished Bathroom Pics

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

PennylessZ28

I never did post pictures of my bathroom, and had forgotten. But I got a new camera for Christmas, so here are some pictures of how I redid my main guest bathroom.

My bathroom never really got made fancy, so no pics. :p
BEFORE:

AFTER:

Yanita

Hey Pennyless,

Big improvement, very nice. Is that wallpaper on the walls or a paint treatment. Like the colors, very similar to my living and dining room.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
cottonlily

You did a wonderful job! I too was wondering if that is wallpaper or paint. Either way it looks great.

Did you do anything with the tub? The new floor covering looks like what we have in our kitchen and baths.
76artcraft

:shock:
Wow that is really great :) .
If you painted...let me know what colors you used I would love to do that to my dinning room.
Just curious did you replace the vanity(cupboards) or did you paint/ or stain them?

-Sam
Arlo

Wow Mike! I just paged through the pictures of your home on your website. You did a great job on ALL of it!

I have a couple of questions so we can all copy you.

Did you paint or stain your original bath vanity or did you replace it?

Where did you get that "luxury vinyl tile?" It looks different from the stuff my Lowe's carries and yours is more the light sandstone color I like.

What is that green stuff you coated your floors with? Is that leveling compound?

Did you replace your kitchen cabinets or buy new doors? It looks great and I like the bamboo blinds you've used.

Great job!
PennylessZ28

I got the title from Home Depot.

I actually painted my mdf cheapo laminated cabinets in the house. First thing I did was take 120 grit sand paper to them all and rough them up, I then used two coats of some Zinser Oil Primer I got at home depot on all my cabinets. I did two coats cause they were horrible and I lightly sanded between both coats. Then two coats of just plain old latex enamel semi-gloss paint. I sanded the first coat but not the second coat. So they are very smooth and practically new. And Should hold up for some time now.

As it turns out, the paint I used on my cabinets, are the same color I painted my bedroom doors in my room, which happened to be some left over exterior paint for some guys gutters. Go figure, worked out for me, looks great. :) (the brown)

The walls, are wallpaper. I've done flaux painting before, but, I have to admit, my mom used this wallpaper in her bathroom and I had to be a copy cat. Only difference is I used a border a different shower curtain and I like satin silver over gold. The mirror was already there, and why buy new, I just painted it to match the cabinets. I also painted the back of the door to match the cabinets and mirror.

Upgraded my hardware too. So thats about it.

Oh, my tub has an epoxy spray paint on it. Stuff you gotta wear a mask to apply. Nasty stuff. But holds up well.
Arlo wrote: What is that green stuff you coated your floors with? Is that leveling compound?
My website isn't quite done, so since it wasn't on there yet, the green stuff is actually just paint. I painted all the floors in this home with left over junk paint, about 5 gallons worth after I pulled up all the carpet. The previous owner was a smoker and had 3 dogs and there was urine stains in the wood. My thinking was, the paint would seal the wood, act as a moisture barrier and eliminate any odor.

Um, what else... I put a new toilet lid on the toilet too. Thats really about it.
Last edited by PennylessZ28 on Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.