Cork Floors

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

texasprairierose

Has anyone installed cork floors in their mobile homes? Several years ago we installed wood laminate floors in our kitchen and laundry room and we have not been pleased with them.

I would like ceramic tile but have heard that ceramic is not a good option for mobile homes due to movement and shifting. We want to keep the floor a darker wood like color because our counter tops are light and our cabinets are oak. It is with these things in mind that we are curious about cork floors.

If you have cork floors, would you recommend them? How easy are they to maintain? Do they scratch easily?

Thanks,

texasprairierose
Yanita

Hi,

Sorry there have not been any responses to this. I personally have no info on cork flooring. Have researched several types but not that one.

Hopefully someone will chime in with some info.

Happy Holidays,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Jim from Canada

Any type of wood product, including laminate is not recommended for high moisture areas. This includes kitchens, bathrooms and laundry rooms. Cork floors are wood, and usually found as a laminate product. I suggest a 1 pc. vinyl floor in these areas. Spend a few bucks and get good stuff, you will find a big enough selection that something should please you.

Jim
Arlo

I had a neighbor who put in cork floors several years ago. They were very dark brown and were squares glued down. They were in his kitchen. They felt really good to stand on. They smelled bad to me when first installed. The only cleaning you could do was to sweep or vacuum. Not good if you get grease spots or you have kids or pets. Especially pet accidents. He didn't have pets or kids.
I really still like vinyl floor because of all the styles you can get it in. If you are looking for a natural floor, bamboo flooring is really nice and is made as tough as prefinished hardwood and looks easy to install.
cottonlily

I agree with Jim. There are some specialty companies which offer some really great looking vinyl flooring. Unless you get down on your hands and knees you wouldn't know the difference b/w that and wood or laminate. Plus vinyl is easily cleaned and maintained and lasts forever if you take care of it.
Harry

Yep

Vinyl sheet is my favorite.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
texasprairierose

Thanks for all your input! We just got back from spending the holidays with some friends in Florida and they have hardwood and stone floors. So...I think that I have about decided to go with the vinyl tiles and planks that imitate hardwood and stone tiles. I have looked at those products before and think that vinyl is the way to go and with the new styles out today, you can't hardly tell the difference between the real thing and the vinyl.

Thanks!!