Kitchen counter top

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

bkbunny

I am so hopped up on this site,,,lol but I have one question here well not question more of looking for ideas

Kitchen counter top is that styuff covered with plastic coating(wish I knew proper names of this stuff) anyways,,, any suggestions how to fix the two spots that have been ruined on edges??

I don't mind the color and its not really in that bad of shape just the two spots that have chipped off bug me
this is such a nice thrifty (but quality) bunch of folks maybe someone can steer me to a fix it cheap answer
Yanita

Hi,

I am guessing that you have the traditional laminate covered counter tops.

You can remove the remaining edging and either replace with something similar or you can use a wood trim.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
JD
Site Admin

The most sanitary repair is to replace the entire edge. This can be pretty challenging without experience and proper tools, but it can be done. Let us know if you need the detailed instructions for that.

Wood is easy and looks very nice. Just be sure to use a nice piece of hardwood and be sure to seal the wood and then the joint between the wood and the formica.

A lot of people call it formica, but that is actually a brand, just like wilsonart. It is actually called laminate. Interesting fact... Laminate aka formica is made of paper. Many layers of paper is soaked in a resin and then compressed under extremely high pressure to make this plastic like material.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.