mobile home liscense

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

provostbrent

i have been repairing mobile homes for a couple of years now and am looking towards getting my Contractors license. Does anyone have any suggestions on which license to get or how to get cheap insurance? It seems Mobile homes are a in a league of their own...thanks for any help :D Oh and i live in Oregon, fyi
Greg

Hi & welcome. Since regulations vary from location to location I would check with your state or county agency that regulates your licence as to the requirements.
Insurance, get the phone book out and make LOTS of calls, and remember the lowest cost may or may not be the cheapest, there are still Lawyers out there! Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
provostbrent

thank you Greg, i sure will try those things..its a start.
Harry

Hi

Also:

Here’s a number you might try:
Contact Albert Endres, manufactured structures chief inspector, at 503-378-5975.

You may find out you need to be a full blown contractor to be legal. If so, inquire about a Handyman License. In Florida this lets you do small repair jobs such as a hole in drywall repair, window and door repair/replacement, light fixtures and so forth.

Let us know what you find out.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
provostbrent

awesome thanks Harry! I will give that a try and let you all know:) brent
Last edited by provostbrent on Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rod

Call this # they should be able to tell you what is required. State to state will vary.

Oregon Manufactured Housing Association (800) 458-6449

In N.Y. installers, Repair companies, dealers & manufactures have to take some courses. Pass a BS written test. Get bonded, show proof of workers comp & liability ins. Also take a refresher course every 2 years.

Rod
provostbrent

wow, you guys are great! thanks so much Rod, Brent