Fresno State, College World Series

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

JD
Site Admin

Yeah, I think they asked that question in the first game of our divisional playoffs. That is a long ways from College World Series and the Championship.

There is a lot of talent on the Fresno State team, but that is true of all the teams that made the CWS as well as many of the those that didn't. I think they won with heart. They also may have had the nothing to lose attitude in their favor. Next year, everyone will be gunning for them and the press will be watching. That kind of pressure could have an unfavorable effect.

I am sure Georgia will be coming to play tonight. I hope Fresno is up to the task. Georgia is an excellent team and we can not count on them having another fluke run of mistakes and weak pitching.

Well, the game just started. See you on the other side.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
JD
Site Admin

☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Mark
Site Admin

Congrats Fresno State! What a championship win. Broke all kinds of underdog records. And with the exception of one pesky home run, Fresno almost won the championship with a shut-out.

Everyone likes to see an underdog win. Unless of course the underdog is playing your team. Way to go!

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
JD
Site Admin

Woooo Hoooooo!!!! Image
2008 NCAA Champions
Fresno State Bulldogs

What an amazing season!
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

Robert

Congrats on a great CWS run. Georgia never recovered from last night and how that game played out.

It got in their heads and that's a killer with the way Fresno plays.

Yep, next year nobody will overlook them, just like last two years with Oregon State.

I missed the game with Doc appts today, but wasn't surprised with outcome.

Take care,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Robert

Hi tnt17,

What area of Upstate SC are y'all in ? I'm from Clemson, Seneca, Walhalla areas in Oconee and Pickens counties.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Harry

Yo Robert

A friend of mine George Bowers lives in Six Mile. You know any of them?

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Robert

Hey Harry,

No, I sure don't, but I do know Six Mile .

Robert
tnt17

Robert wrote:Hi tnt17,

What area of Upstate SC are y'all in ? I'm from Clemson, Seneca, Walhalla areas in Oconee and Pickens counties.

Robert
Near Greer. Officially Wellford. You ever come up this way with work,etc?
Robert

I'm about 600 miles away in Tennessee now where my wife is from.

Been in HVAC for almost 29 years, but was a Police Officer/Deputy

Sheriff in Oconee County in '84 and '91 to '97 also.

Was retired on disability from Law Enforcement in Dec. '97 from an

injury and moved here in '99.

We usually visit all of my family once per year for some R&R .

Robert