Clamp Thing

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

User avatar
Manitoba Bill
Posts: 133
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:46 pm
Location: Manitoba

Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:03 am

I need help in naming this "thing" so I can google it for more info.
It is about 5' long and has a rod inside the shaft which opens and closes the tongs. Probably a special purpose tool for reaching up onto shelves to retrieve something.
Grocers in small stores used to use a larger clamp tool to reach top shelves back in the days when Oats came in round cardboard containers. They would pull the things off the shelf with the extended clamp and catch it.

I'm not an Expert, just a DIY[/color]

User avatar
Posts: 1249
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:45 pm
Location: Citrus county Florida

Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:33 am

Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?