A deadly reminder to take gas leaks serious

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Greg

DaleM wrote:On installs parks tell us we have to follow county codes for everything, gas, water, sewer, electrical, then in the next breath they tell us they will provide materials for the installation. Wire is undersized, there's no conduit for the wiring, they usually drop off a roll of 1/2" copper tubing for the water and gas line then provide 20' lengths of ABS for the sewer, which usually come tucked in the frames of the home. It's a hopeless situation most of the time. Again it gets back to the bottom line. Go the cheapest route and once the home is sold they got theirs.

I could post some pics that would blow you away!!
It sounds like you should send a few pictures to the county if that is who has jurisdiction.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
jpingram5

A lot of these parks get away with it because they are big time tax money for the county/township.
2009 Skyline Sunwood Premier 14 x 80
Greg

Park owners my get away with code violations, But I have a feeling that one multimillion dollar law suit will wipe out any money they saved by skirting the codes. And if it could be proved that there were code violations that were ignored the officials should be named as defendants as well.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."