The new place

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Greg

C[/attachment]
101_0069 (1).JPG
Well we bit the bullet and bought the land. the plan is to move our home onto it. we have to demo this home a 1968

101_0070.JPG
Now the fun begins. Had to move the shed & garage back about 25' (the shed was behind the garage). The stake is about where the front of our 80' will sit (where the garage was) .
Zoning meeting is next Thursday to get the final approval to move our home onto the site. Then the demo, drill & pour footers and move our home. Anyone that has some extra time and wants to do some ripping apart let me know. so if I'm not around as much you will know why. The home behind us is a "Family" member that goes by Rickolus.

Greg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

Wow Greg, big job! You will have a real sense of ownership after all that work. Are you going to recycle yourself or offer that up to demo guys?
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Greg

The checkbook needs a recharge, I'm planning on doing the scrapping myself.

Greg
Greg

Just got back from the zoning board meeting - It's a go!!! Now the work begins.

Greg
JD
Site Admin

Best of luck to you, Greg. i hope the job goes smoothly for you.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Greg

About done for the weekend, Dumpster is full!!!

10:00
IMG_8352.JPG
6:00
IMG_8365.JPG
The black bags (15 of them) are full of blown in insulation between the shingle roof & the factory metal roof, Surprise!!!
IMG_8367.JPG
IMG_8362.JPG
IMG_8363.JPG

Greg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1987Commodore

Was the peak of the roof just supported by those vertical 2X's down to the metal? Surprising it held up.
Looks like a nice spot you have!
Greg

1987Commodore wrote:Was the peak of the roof just supported by those vertical 2X's down to the metal? Surprising it held up.
Looks like a nice spot you have!
They are actually 2x4s, but the whole roof system is supported by 2x2 wall studs. I have no idea how it managed to stay up there with the weight of the snow.

Greg
Greg

Another fun filled day!! Over 2" of rain and some fool is out in it tearing apart a "Trailer"
IMG_8371.JPG
Added some cross braces just to give it some added support, a guy was killed yesterday tearing one down.
IMG_8372.JPG
Oh great, a leak in the roof!!!
IMG_8373.JPG
About 1/3 down to the floor.

Just for general information, about 500 pounds of Aluminum siding in a Mobile home.

Greg
JD
Site Admin

You are coming along pretty good there, Greg. Good thinking with the cross braces. Taking off the siding and paneling weakens the whole structure substantially. So how much do they pay for aluminum where you are?
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

Greg

At the time, .55/lb.
I still have a load of copper wire & pipes to take. We spent over $800 on the 2 dumpsters so hopefully it will help offset that some.

Footers were poured last weekend, more water in the holes. A foot of soil then 3 feet of clay. they did not come out as well as I wanted but the mover said there will be no problem.

July 8 & 9 are the target dates to get the home moved!!! Unless we get more rain (only 9" so far this month)

Greg
Greg

I just noticed that I didn't post any footer pictures. 18-18" holes 48" deep in 2 1/2 hours
IMG_8385.JPG
Greg

Well it's been a L O N G month!!! after getting all of the permits, variances and about every other roadblock the place gets moved tomorrow.

The last fight was Monday with the park owner that was trying to demand a $500 deposit to leave!! had to make a call to the state about that, they in turn set her straight but not before my mover backed out. Had to find another mover that dropped everything and came over to look at the job. Thanks Morey!!!

Today taking one of the last loads over, my wife found a broken piece of glass and laid her leg wide open (23 stitches worth) so she is down for the count. I don't know what I did to piss the guy upstairs off, but I wish he'd get over it!!!

Not sure when I'll get my Road runner back so I'll be off for a while. Hope to see everyone soon, wish me luck!

Greg
Greg

IMG_8482.JPG
Well we made it!!! One popped wall and a few cracks, I can live with that!!! We are out of that hell hole Kenyon landing!!!! :D The owner is still calling me complaining (Harassing me).

Greg
bobfather99

Wow!! Didnt see this thread until now....great work, and more to come hopefully.

Keep posting pics, it will keep us all motivated to get stuff done... :D
Tip your bartender.....