winter sewer

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

markjhansen

Hi, I winterized my vacation M.H. in November.
It is in northern Wis.
I would like to go up there to do some ice fishing, but I do not want to turn the warer back on, just to blow the lines back out 2 days later.
My question is: Do you think it would be O.K. to leave the water off and bring a 5 gallon Jug of water and manually flush the Toilet?
I have a septic tank. Do you think this will work?
Thanks. :?
Steve-WA

2 days? Pee outside, poop in a trash bag in a bucket and leave it outside to stay frozen - take it with you when you leave. But only if you can't hold it for two days - minimize fiber on this trip.

If that's too primitive, then I vote that your idea will be ok
markjhansen

The ouside thing is not a problem for me, but the Wife will be along and it will be a problem for her.
UmpJJ

This one's easy. Go portable. Best thing about this is, if your plumbing ever goes down in the future, you'll have something "to go on"..

http://www.amazon.com/Reliance-Products ... or+camping

UmpJJ
Greg

Just remember to rewinterize the toilet before you leave.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

I wouldn't go with the bucket of water route. This could give you problems in the dead of cold winter. UmpJJ's suggestion is a good one. Business can be done inside while storing the bags outside. I took my brother and his wife out on my boat. When it was time, his wife did not have a problem with the port-a-loo and a poncho. Before and after she gave it the hairy eyeball though.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.