Vinyl planks

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

LizFL

Hi guys
I plan on putting vinyl planks after i fix the soft spots on the floor is there a better brand then another what about waterproof i need a waterproof floor we have dogs so also a scratch resistance also which is better the peel and stick or the one that click together sorry for all these ? I just don't know what to do should i put it over the vinyl floor there is on now or should i put something were theres bare wood between the floor and plank sorry for all these ? What do you guys think about the trafficmaster alour any info or link would be appreciated
UmpJJ

Your best bet for accurate information is a big box store - Lowe's, Home Depot, Menards...they will not only answer your questions, they'll have samples of all the possibilities!

UmpJJ
gtpvette

I'm certinallyt not the last word on anything but we looked really hard at the trafficmaster strips but opted for wood looking laminate. Couldn't be happier. BTW,,, we have two big knuckleheads are they slip and slide a bit on it,,, but they don't scratch it.

Greg

Use some throw rugs, dogs may fall and hurt themselves. Trust me on that, and it can get expensive. Lab's hips aren't the greatest to begin with.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
LisaBoyer

Hi Liz,

We did the Allure planks in our entry way, couldn't be happier. (see post on Decorating Forum for pictures) The patterns available are endless, we chose tile. I have heard that they don't have the longest wear life, but we are two old folks, (with two active spaniels) so I put a few rugs down, hopefully to help them last longer. Easy install, VERY easy, and we live in the PNW, the land of constant wet and mud right now, so I needed water proof.

Good luck with whatever you choose, I agree with the suggestion of visiting your local hardware store, if they don't have the pattern you want, it can also be ordered special.

Lisa
LizFL

Thanks guys