Mobile Home Bathtub remodel,,

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

DrifterBigJohn

Or I suppose I should have said,,,, Is there a way to cut a walk thru into a mobile home bathtub,,,,, So here is the issue,,, My mother has a mobile home,,her health is getting worse and in her bathroom she has one of those tub/shower combos that you have to step up,,then over and down into the tub,,,, VERY UNSAFE for her,, Options have been to take it out and install a shower pan and surroundings,,,, kind of expensive for my or her budget,,, Option 2 is to cut the side of the tub where the step up and down is,,,and make it lower,,as if it were a step through,,,, Sooooooooooo has anyone done this,,is there a kit to make this happen,, Any suggestions ?// Thanks folks I enjoy reading this forum.
We are a motorcycle shop...not a store...if ya wanna know why it dont work, we can help...If ya wanna know why your leather isnt as shiny as the other guys...we cant help.....
JD
Site Admin

I haven't performed this modification but I have looked into these products. There are products to modify fiberglass and cast iron tubs. I haven't seen anything for abs/plastic tubs. Here is a link to a cheaper product than i was looking at before. It looks like the same thing to me.

http://www.peoriafiberglassinc.com/services.html
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.