Kitchen Sink & other irritating things challenge

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Carl

I need information on a plumbing situation involving the kitchen sink.
What are the demendions for a house trailer kitchen sink? Are they a "one size fits all" so the old counter top can be used? Are they a "drop in" with a strip to cover the seam between the sink and counter top or are they screw mounted from under the counter top?
The sink that is now being used is 17 inches by 33 inches by 8 inches to drain basket bottom. The two knob fauchet is mounted behind the sink through the counter top and not through the sink itself. Does the counter top have to be replaced in order to replace the sink?
What would be a good estamate to have a plumber do this job? Thank you. Carl.
stevieb

Hello
I am in the same boat! I contacted a reputable mobile home dealer and parts store and have researched the net. No where can I find a sink to replace the one I have like yours! The dealer told me he would keep me in mind for a used one. Seems they don't make them anymore and the entire countertop would have to be replaced to accomodate a new 3 hole sink. Because of the greater front to back dimension of the sink it brings into effect new lower cabinets.
If anyone has a source on the net for a sink w/o holes let us know!! . Please advise.
Greg

Check the home centers, I see HD has a few 17" that can be ordered. You may need to do something width wise, also check to see how much wiggle room you have on the 17" side.
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
bobfather99

Found a serviceable one awhile back at a Habitat for Humanity store, even had a good faucet attached...replaced the missing one from the home with just a little countertop trimming.
Check for a Habitat store near you, maybe you'll get lucky.
Tip your bartender.....
JD
Site Admin

I found the following sink with a search. I don't know the product.

http://www.efaucets.com/detail.asp?Product_Id=D23317

There are 19x33 sinks with the faucet holes on the sink at the home stores. They should all work with some modification to the hole.

I'd go with a rimless sink and forgo the stainless ring. If the existing counter is in good condition, it should work fine.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.