ac closet door?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

texan1

We have purchased a Fleetwood SW 1976 model last year.The central AC unit is located in the entrance hall and is open for all to view as you enter the living area.I was wanting to install a full length louvered door to hide.Will this interupt the flow of return air or is this doable?Also was wondering if anyone has added an access door from the outside of a trailer to the hot water closet for easier access?This one is in the back bedroom closet and very hard to access if (when)the unit needs replaced.
Groo

It used to be common practice for houses to have louvers in the doors for heating air flow.

what you are describing will have more than enught airflow
Lifted79chevy350

Hello,
Agree with Goo on the louvered doors. Most homes big heating systems use the same thing. I will be putting a cover on my furnace this winter =). As for heater access door would be a task but anything is doable you could prolly need to pull the siding off where you want the door. It may not be necessary but you might want to throw 2 2x4 studs that run vertical for extra support. I believe most mobile homes studs are 16" on center, If you keep your door within that it will be a lot less work then a wider door meaning structural out of my league
My mind never stops working.
Jacks_hon

I am living in Houston and in this hot season I have found the best services for air conditioner for my home which i decided to share with you my friends, are Arvell Moore who are serving since 1967 so I am confident about their good attitude towards customer's this is My personal experience.
review the heating repair info