tornado damage

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

peachlizzard

Last week we had a FE3 tornado go through and all that was damaged at our place was the shower door. It totally shattered. They tell me it was due to the pressure. I removed it, took the tracks off and hung a curtain. We have a shower stall with the two seats. My husband HATES the curtain and would like to get a door again. I dislike the idea of the tracks needed for the doors due to cleanliness. Any ideas on what to replace this with?
Greg

Is there a swing type door that would fit?? you may need to shop around to find out. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
peachlizzard

Mine was a swing type door. I guess it really didn't have the bottom tracks, just a bottom rail that got really dirty. I LOVE to shop.....guess that is what I will have to do.
JD
Site Admin

If this is the Sterling - Vikrell seated shower unit which is/was sold at Lowe's and other stores, you would need a door that can adjust to a slant. The walls are not parallel. This popular shower unit has walls that are thinner at the top than at the bottom near the shower base. The door Lowe's sold for this unit had "U" channel pieces that framed the door to the shower walls, which allowed it to be installed with that slight angle.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.