Water in attic space

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

MobileNewbie

September of this year I put up trusses on top of my existing mobile roof and put a metal on those (essentially I have two roofs now).

There are a few spots where I have exposed vapor barrier (ceiling hasn't been put up yet) and I'm noticing water there. Thinking there must be leaks in the new roof, I've visually inspected and felt where I could, and the original trailer roof is dry as a bone. I think the problem may be old moisture that is still trapped under the original roof, or perhaps pretty severe condensation.

My problem is how to get rid of this water without tearing down the ceiling. The original mobile vents are pretty small, so I can put bigger ones in, but is there some way of evaporating the water that's still there?
hvac1000

I use a electric dehumidifier running constantly. Run the hose on the adapter or remember to drain the catch bucket.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
MobileNewbie

Don't know much about dehumidifiers. Does this hose go into the attic space?
hvac1000

The unit will remove excess moisture in the entire home. This eventually and in short order will cause removal of the moisture in the attic space. The moisture in the attic space comes from within the home to start with unless you have a leak in the roof. No duct is required to be placed into the attic space but if there are openings to the attic space it would help if they were open.

I have been using one for years in my home to keep the moisture levels down. Also if you do not have plastic on your crawl space area it would be wise to cover that area. The reason is the moisture also comes from the ground under the home and into the home comes the problem.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.