Getting There

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Gone Costal

Well we have been in our new MH for 9 days now. We got all our worldly possessions here Saturday the 22nd. Thank god we spent a month coming down here doing some remodeling and getting all the carpet and vinyl in before the move.

With a week to pack, plus still working, then gathering up all my tools scattered in various apartments and the work shed then supervising the movers and getting two trucks down here it was exhausting.

Sunday we rearranged furniture to our (her) liking and unpacked survivor stuff. You know, candy bars, clean clothes and bedding. Monday we rearranged furniture to our (her) likings again and I worked on removing the old cook top and laying out the new range installations. Plus meeting with the cable installers and heating A/C people for a new heat pump.

Tuesday (thank god) the wives new appliances came, range, washer and dryer) and she didn't have time to think about the furniture much. I got the cabinet and counter top cut out and side put on the cabinets on either side of the range as it was one piece. Got the range wired and hooked up by 8:00 that night.

Wed. I started on the double oven cabinet. Installed a shelf for the Microwave, two under it for food storage and hung the doors from the cook top cabinet on it until I can get new ones the same size as the rest. For them being about 5" to wide they really don;t look that bad and the were free.

Thursday and Friday we installed some new lights in the kitchen, garage and dinning room. Unpacked about 100 boxes of clothes, computer room materials and spare bedroom. Saturday we shopped for a couple of new rockers for the living room and came home with a new dresser (for me) two night stands, two lazy boy chairs, two living room tables and rearranged all the furniture again.

Sunday we finally got about another 50 boxes of pottery and dished unpacked, rearranged the furniture again and had our first home cooked meal. I broke open and bottle of wine and we finally toasted to our new place.....and finally having the furniture where she wants it.....yahoooo

Heres a few shots of the cook top/range remodel. Working on a few pictures of the oven/microwave renovation. Will also post some pictures later of the vinyl floor and some rooms we remodeled. Next week we start the bathroom we pulled the whirlpool tun from and we are installing a 110 feet of good neighbor fence.

Hopefully it will keep me being a good neighbor and out of jail. I am ready to kill a few busy bodies that don't like what we are doing to dear old Smokey's place. According to them the Pick carpet was new and beautiful, the wall over and cook top was only 15 years old and that whirlpool sticking out of the bathroom in the master and 2nd bedroom wall cost him a fortune to install.

Asked the manager of the park if I could put up a 10' fence and around our entire lot, with a machine gun tower. he laughed and said they will go away after a while and the limit on fences is 6 foot. He promised me that none of them can jump over a 6' fence and no it can't be electrified. Man I have that 30 AMP line from the whirlpool just sitting there too haha...ImageImage
Sylvia

Nice range!