Radiant Wrap?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Jax

This company has come through my mobile home park, advertising for a reflective foil wrap used under the trailer. They claim it will block 97% of the heat trying to come in to the trailer during the summer and 97% of the heat escaping during the winter. Any one heard of this product or similar ones?
Greg

It may work for heat, but you need a breathable moisture barrier. If you seal it air tight you will most likely develop a mold issue.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Greg S

97%
wow it's a miracle what you can do with aluminium cooking foil.
Anything that sounds too good to be true is too good to be true.
An individual must enforce his own meaning in life and rise above the perceived conformity of the masses. (Anton LaVey)
jpingram5

I've heard of doing something similar like that in your attic and putting stuff similar to that under concrete but I find it hard to believe putting it underneath your mobile home will do much. If anything it will just trap moisture and cause problems. I'd stay away from that gimmick.
2009 Skyline Sunwood Premier 14 x 80
Jax

Thanks for the input! I was thinking the same things. I could understand the concept keeping heat in, but could not understand how a foil product under the trailer would help keep it cool. It's not the bottom of the trailer that receives direct sun!