New member - question about removing a wall

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

angiehome

We have a double wide and are wanting to remove a closet wall in a bedroom. I'm almost sure it should be ok to remove but can someone verify that for me. Here is a picture of our home layout....The wall I'm wanting to remove is the wall going the whole length of the room in the back right bedroom.
10 09 13_4469 (640x480).jpg
10 09 13_4470 (640x480).jpg
Angie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mh_doni49

The only way that wall is load bearing is if the outside wall is failing(due to rot or something) causing the closet wall to now support the roof.

But I see no reason to believe it was ever intended to be a load bearing wall.
Don I
Holts Summit, MO
(Central MO)
ponch37300

I agree that wall should be able to come out without any issues. I assume you are turning this bedroom into something else like an office or workout room? Not sure I'd want a bedroom without a closet.
mh_doni49

Ponch brings up a good point about bedrooms without a closet. If you do this, it will have a negative impact on the home value.

Also keep in mind that a closet can come in very handy even in an office -- it would be a great place for your office supplies and maybe the printer.
Don I
Holts Summit, MO
(Central MO)
angiehome

Thank you for your replies. We don't ever plan to sell the home but if for some reason we would, it would easy to rebuild a closet back into the room.

Angie
Greg

In a double wide 99% of the times the load bearing walls are the outside walls and the Marriage wall. If you have a wall at an area that the ceiling changes heights that may be load bearing also.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."