replacing old MH

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

jeff13624

I am seriously considering putting my 40 yo Detroiter to rest, and getting a newer, pre-owned MH. What are some of the better built MH Manufacturers out there? Not sure if I will go Double Wide, or Big Single, it all is depending on cost. Thanks
Greg

It's hard to really say what manufacturers are better than others. You can search reviews of various manufacturers on the web, but they may not tell the whole truth.

There is a sticky post at the top of the repair section index made up by Yanita for things to look for with any mobile home.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Denise

IF I were buying a new/new to me mobile home THIS is what I'd spend my $$$ on. Take time to watch their videos...on their construction methods

http://www.franklinhomesusa.com/html/vi ... hings.html
Greg S

If you are purchasing used price and availability will dictate what you have to chose from.
The majority of recent (past 10 years) manufactured homes are of similar assembly and material none of which are that great but far better than in the past.
Find the one you like, inspect it thoroughly to determine there is no damage (especially water), and you should be happy. None are perfect so you simply hope for the best and expect some issues.
An individual must enforce his own meaning in life and rise above the perceived conformity of the masses. (Anton LaVey)