Furnace will not cycle

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Monkey_buisness

My furnace is acting up, it will cycle once and reach the set temp. on the thermostat and then shuts off. When it tries to cycle again, the ignite will not glow, the gas will start to flow and it will shut the gas off since the furnace cant sense the ignitor glowing. It will try 3 times and then shut off and lock itself out. I can resist it by Turing the power off and it will repeat the same thing over again.
I have replaced the ignitor and cleaned the flame sensor as well and vacuumed the area in and around the burners. If someone has any suggestions as to what else i could try before calling a tech. that would be great, thanks, Chris.
Yanita

Hi Monkey Business,

Please read the posting tips and include the rest of the needed information about your furnace.

Robert our tech here is excellent but will need this info before he can answer/assist you. This will save you and him time. With the temps dropping across the country he gets real busy.

Thanks,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Robert

Hi Chris,

Need a model number .

Have you checked to see if gas valve is getting 24vac ?

Then see if ignitor is getting 120vac at connector plug going to ignitor ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?