Intertherm Central Heat Issue Help Please!

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

southernmel1st

We are having problems, we think, with our Intertherm Central heat. We just recently switched our unit to heat and it has been running on auto for about a week. Today I walked down the hall and noticed heat radiating out of the inside portion of the unit where the heating element is located. We opened it up and the unit at the bottom is really hot. All of this while the unit is not even running, it was sitting idle. We aren't sure if this is a problem or not but we have never noticed it doing this before and we have lived here for 8 years. Does the heating element usually stay on even when the unit isn't running? It seems to me that with it getting that hot that it might burn up or cause a fire. Can you help? :(
hvac1000

The heat element is not supposed to be on unless the thermostat is calling for heat.

Sounds like you may have a defective sequencer. Does the furnace blow when you put the blower on manual if you have a manual switch?
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Robert

What is the furnace model number ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?