Wont stay lit.

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

JGSC

Ive looked around here to try and answer my own question but its a little much to take in so hopefully one of you guys could shed some light on this for me.

The best I can tell I have a Nordyne KG6RA060C-12 gas furnace that is acting up. For a while now I could turn on the heat and it would heat up to the set thermostat temp. but once it shut off, the furnace would never re-light and stay lit. I would have to turn off the t-stat, wait a min. and turn it back on. If I let it do its thing the blower would just endlessly cycle and no heat.

Recently the furnace wont stay lit more than a few seconds and will not produce any heat. I turn on the t-stat, head to where the unit is and I see the element heat up. A few seconds later the gas lights and a yellow light rapidly blinks on the board. After maybe 3 seconds the flame is gone but the blower is still pumping. I cant get it to heat up at all anymore and its starting to get a little chilly here in the south so any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Robert

Inspect the burner tube for any clogs and also the burner orifice/spud for spider-web-bugs that may be clogging it.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?