filters

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

question about filters when installing a coils we use a metal filter that slides on the side of the coil. some of the home owners are also putting filters in the doors.will this cause any problems thanks
Robert

Hi,

That would restrict the airflow too much. Need to use one or the other, but not both.

Those metal mesh filters for the sides of a-coil are usually hard to get in and out, usually are not seated good when reinstalled allowing unfiltered air to coil, get torn up easily and only protect the a-coil.

I always suggest going with a Hogs Hair cut to fit filter for the furnace louvered door panel.

That is easy to remove, clean and reinstall. It also lasts up to a year before needed replacement and it protects the coil and interior of furnace area which keeps entire area and components clean.

ALL air will come through this and thus a-coil is protected. If you have a ventilAire or Blend Air system, place a washable filter around end of flex duct to protect against air coming into airflow of coil.

This method along with yearly or twice yearly cleaning of interior cabinet area, yearly cleaning of a-coil, blower motor and blower wheel with cleaning filter every 30 days and all is well.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?

thanks for reply . i thought i was right when i told them they shouldnt use two filters but wanted to make sure . thanks again
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?