Evaporator coil help,

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

jben04564

Hoping someone can help,
Looks like we need to get hold of a new Evaporator coil, our current one ,its seems has rusted away down where it touches the drip pan.
Also when the Ac is running the water is being sucked down to the fan compartment.

I have a Nordyne C3QA-030U-B,,and its just over 10 years old.
We were planning on getting a whole new system about this time next year, but it seems we may need to buy a coil to make it through the summer lol.
jpingram5

Ok, well basically if you cannot find a factory replacement. Try to find an A Coil that is the same dimensions or darn close to it. I found this link to ebay for a seller who says they have most mobile home coils, http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-1-2-Ton-Mobil ... 1351991190

Maybe if you shoot them your model they can get you one the same or close to it. Keep in mind now the cost of putting it in. If you do get it installed I would run it till the unit dies before changing the entire system since your about to drop some good $$$ into it.
2009 Skyline Sunwood Premier 14 x 80
jben04564

Thanks for the reply.
It turns out that the water being sucked down into the blower housing was caused by the A coil front panel rusting away enough to allow the water in the drip pan to be sucked through.
I took off the front panel,( after using a screw extractor for 2 of the screws) and made a new one out of aluminum sheeting.
Installed that,carefully navigating the copper pipes.
That should fix us up , till next year when we can get a new system :D
jpingram5

Good deal!
2009 Skyline Sunwood Premier 14 x 80
MathewCox

I used to have the same issue with my evaporator coil, mine was completely broke and I had to buy a brand new one from a refrigeration supply store, those things have to be changed once in a while, even more, if you live at a very hot location