Coleman Evcon EB15B WET

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Captwalter0001

First, I would like to thank Robert for the help on a successful diagnosis and repair of the furnace. The sequencer was the problem.
Thanks.

I have a new question. Can the drain collector tray be replaced without disturbing the 'A' frame cooling condenser? It has split and water leaking into compartment.
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome, glad I could help and you got it taken care of (Sequencer).

No, the drip/drain pan can not be removed without moving the A-Coil (Evaporator, Condenser is outside unit).

IF you break open a refrigerant line and it could easily be done, then you would have a leak and be in violation of EPA laws.

Those can carry very substantial fines and/or jail time.

In order to replace the pan, the refrigerant needs to be recovered from system or pumped down into Condenser if your system has service valves.

You then disconnect the lines and remove A-Coil and pan. Replace pan and then reinstall A-Coil.

This would all require a Tech certied by EPA for handling/recovering refrigerants.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?