Replacement for missing Coleman

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

RichInWA

Greeting All:

I bought a typical 14X68; 1993 manufactured home and moved it to my property.

The electric furnace had been removed, so I'm assuming one of the smaller Coleman electric furnaces would work.

I see they make a EB 10C; 12C; 17C etc. and the numbers seem to represent the KWatts. What would you recomend for this smaller home and is there much difference between the 10 and 12 for instance as to speed of warmup and temp of air being circulated?

I'm assuming the higher KW and BTU systems would be overkill for a single wide home?

Rich in Washington
Mathwei

I would think the 17KW would be the most common for that size of home. It is about 57k to 59k btuh heating which was probably what was in that home initially.

Consider that the smallest gas furnace is 56k btuh and that should help.
Johnny

I would say that be12c or eb15c would work if you want you could call a HVAC company for moble home furnaces and tell them how big your place is ( 952sq ft. ) and they should tell you what size they will sell you.
johnny
If I can't fix it -- I ask questions
Robert

Hi,

Never guess, get an ACCA Manual J Load Calc done to know size needed.

The HVAC forums are unlike the other forums and as moderator and paid employee, I do not allow guessing or unexperienced answers of questions.

It can not only be dangerous, but also costly if wrong part or unit is bought.

I do appreciate the attempts to help and welcome it on certain questions where no danger or costly mistake can be derived from answers.

15kw is typical in a 16 X 80 for example.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?