Coleman EB17A electric furnace

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Knifeman

My Coleman EB17A electric furnace is giving me some trouble.

It does not want to come on. The thermostat seems to be working correctly. I have power to the unit. If I put the fan switch to on the fan comes on. When the thermostat closes I can hear a hum emmited from the heater but the fan will not come on. If I open the panel covering the electric parts inside and tap various items I the unit will eventually come on. I have no idea what is not working correctly. I had this trouble last year but it only a couple of times and then it warmed up. I'd like to replace whatever is not working properly.

The furnace is 15 years old which of the parts from this list will correct the problem??

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/Coleman ... Sheet.html

The elements all seem to work properly as the house warms up once the heater finally starts.

I misplaced the owners manual but I was able to take these pictures.

hvac1000

Sounds like a sequencer problem.
part number
3115-3571

OR fan relay 3110-3301
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Knifeman

I will call and order the sequencer tomorrow. I am unable to locate a fan relay in the furnace compartment or on the wiring diagram.
Robert

Sequencer is most likely the problem. The office will be closed until 9AM Monday.

You can call then or go to the Coleman Electric Furnace parts page in our website and order there through PayPal:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanElec.html

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Knifeman

I got the sequencer and installed it on Thursday. Everything is working great.

Thanks for the help,
Art
Robert

Hi Art,

You're very welcome and glad all is working again.

Thank you for ordering from us.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?