Fan on outside unit will not shut off

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Johnnie

I have a coleman electric Heatpump. Model DRHQ0241BD
This is an intermittant problem. Sometimes when my unit reaches
temp and shuts off, the fan on the outside unit will continue to run
and will not shut off and makes a loud Humming sound. Then the emergency heat light will start to flash. If I cut off circuit breakers and reset it, fan and light goes off and it will start working again.
It may go a day or two before doing it again, however it is doing it with more frequency now. I was expecting to find the points on the contactor burnt but after looking at them my confidence has dwindled, any Ideas would be a big help. Also this will happen when I run heat or A/C.
Robert

When it does that, is the contact arm pulled in still and not released as it should be ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Johnnie

I have not opened it up while it was doing this, I have got it where I can look when this problem hits again, It figures I have had it on all day and so far it has worked like a champ! I did clean the contacts some what while i had the contactor off, As soon as I have the info you want I will let you know, It may take a day or two! And thanks for your Help!!
Robert

You're very welcome, I'll be here or close by when you're ready.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?