Exesive draft, what to check?

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Court

Colman Evcon # DGRT070AUB, This particular unit was retrofitted with a thermocouple and I believe a new gas valve,#7A3C4F024 if that helps. Can this valve work without the thermocouple if I get the spark ignighter to work properly? I would like to get this unit back to it's original configuration.
Running now with a standing pilot it will stay lit until the unit has cycled for a while, 10 or 15 times. At that point it seems to have an excessive amount of draft in the combustion chamber and seems to suck out the pilot as the burner flame shuts off. At that point its tough to relight the pilot as there is so much draft you can't get a match close to the pilot. What do I check for controlling this draft?Image
Robert

Hi,

Please refer back to my last post in previous thread. For getting it back to original, you'll need a Tech to do this and inspect it for proper operation.

With it having been modified/retrofitted away from design and being a gas furnace, it is not safe for me to advise without being present to inspect.

Same goes for draft issue, have it inspected and returned to original design if possible.

Sorry I cannot help further, but your safety is top priority with me.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Court

Thanks Robert, I understand the situation your in and can appreciate that, I have come to the conclusion and accept the fact that I need a "tech" but at the same time I am the guy that wont buy a bag of dog food without researching every ingredient first. Can you advise me where I can find out what the "original" configuration was new so I don't let another "tech" steer me even further off base because that is what has seemed to happen in this case. A certified Colman tech maybe hard to find as this home is in a rural area. I will do a search for the closest one. Thanks again, Court