Presidential II 7655-856 Burner Will Not Ignite

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

sherrien59

My Presidential II 7655-856 worked fine this past Spring. Since it is starting to get cool at night, I decided to fire the heater up. I lit the pilot light and it stays lit. However, the burner will not ignite. From the postings on this site, I figured out that I should start my troubleshooting with the transformer. I have ordered the part from you guys. Is there anything else I should be checking?
Robert

Hi,

Did you test the transformer to see if it was bad before ordering ?

Did you test to see if you were getting 24 VAC to the gas valve wire connections ?

Have you checked the gas valve to burner orifice, small brass fitting at back of gas valve with small hole in center) ?

Turn the gas valve and gas pressure OFF to check it, it may be clogged with spider/web.

If unsure about any of this or uncomfortable, please call a Tech to look at it. Gas is not very forgiving.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
sherrien59

I hooked up the new transformer that I ordered from you guys. The burner ignited and the fan kicked on and now I have a toasty-warm mobile home again.

Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your website, Forum, Store and your assistance. I would much rather troubleshoot something myself and do what I can before having to pay someone to do something I'm not able or qualified to. Thanks.
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome, glad it is warm again in your home.

Thanks for ordering and the kind words.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?