coleman electric furnace model eb23b with blend air II

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Darron

I am renting a Manufactured home and just starting to use the electric furnace for the first time. When I set the thermostat for the heat to come on, nothing happens. I removed the furnace panel and noticed that the fresh air switch and the alarm switch are set to off. The red light is flashing as well. I also noticed that the coils (or at least some of them) are red, but the fan does not start. When switch the fan to on and leave the thermostat up high enough, heat comes out of the heat ducts. The damper on the fresh air tube is not opening and last but not least, the unit has been operated with out a filter.

I believe I have 2 problems here. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks......
Robert

Hi,

Read and try these to see if it helps:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/hvac/articleshvac.html

Cleaning air conditioner, cleaning furnace blower motor and troubleshooting Coleman's Blend Air systems pertain to your unit with and without a/c .

Without a filter, motor, wheel and a/c a-coil will need cleaning.

If you do not have a/c, disregard a/c and a-coil info.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Darron

Robert,

I want to thank you for your help. I have dismantled, and cleaned the unit per the cleaning instructions that you suggested. It seems to be working fine now. I have not tackled the blend air system yet, maybe tonight.

Is there a way to test the heating elements on this unit?

Thanks again,

Darron
Robert

Hi Darron,

You're very welcome. To test heating elements, place one meter lead on each terminal at each end of element and test for 240VAC.

Then, turn power OFF, remove wires on each and test for resistance/continuity/OHMS.

Those two give idea if power is there and if the coils are intact.

To know how well they work, you'll need an Ammeter to test each for amperage draw during load.

IF blower is not working always, probably a faulty sequencer.

Sequencer # 3120A3571 @ $50.64 + $6.00 shipping.

It can be seen and ordered from here on left side if needed:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanElec.html

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Darron

Robert,

Unfortuantely the furnace is back to the old ways. The blower does not start with the elements. The only way to make it work is to switch fan to on, and then turn the thermostat up to start element. Do you think it is the sequencer?

Thanks,

Darron
Robert

Most likely if you haven't replaced it yet. When you switch fan to ON, you bypass sequencer for the blower motor to run.

The other contacts on sequencer are ok and thus the elements work.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert