Turned on Heat and......

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

y8tstrio

Well here is one more question....I turned on my heat this morning to check it and make sure it was working ok. When I did, the outside unit kicked in too. The only thing I can think of is that the programmable thermostat is wired wrong or something. We put that thermostat in back in May and only had to use it for cooling purposes. Does this sound logical or could there be something else we should look for??

Thanks in advance.
hvac1000

You did not state what kind of heat you have. If it is a heat pump the outside unit will run as a first stage heat. If it is a gas or oil furnace you probably have something wired wrong and since you replaced the thermostat that would be the first place i would look.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
y8tstrio

oh sorry, I don't have a model number or anything. It is an Electric Intertherm furnace. We got the deal fixed now though. I just wonder if it has messed up anything. We didn't leave it on at all except to test and see if it was still kicking both things on in heat mode. If it did we turned it off quickly. I certainly hope not. It is working fine though as far as I know.
hvac1000

Sounds like it should be Ok for now.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.