heater goes out

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

I have yet to fix this. The pilot lights, the burner will light and burn for about 30-45 secs...then it slowly goes out. The blower comes on then and cycles, then goes off.

This is a propane set up and it just started this at the end of the winter/ what I tried so far..
New thermocouple
New valve, switched to LP
What else can I check before it gets cold again?
hvac1000

Brand and model number of furnace please. We cannot give any information with out these facts.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Robert

http://mobilehomerepair.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=446

Time for a Tech to do some diagnostics to determine fault.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?

It is a Coleman Presidential III
hvac1000

As Robert said it would be best to let a professional visit your home and determine the true cause of your problem. Without the proper tools and knowledge you might replace many expensive parts and still not fix the problem. It is difficult to tell you what the problem is long distance. Sorry
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.

Thanks, I have been reluctant to call someone. This is at our lake house and a long way from the service people. I am in far West Texas you see.
Robert

Hi,

I understand, however, there is nothing else that we can tell you to do DIY that hasn't been done.

Sometimes, a Tech with experience and tools/equipment is the only option left.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?