Fleetwood Bathroom Exaust Fans

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Denison

Bought a 95 Fleetwood Brookfield double...Noticed that exhaust fan units in both bathrooms were operating OK on the light and fan but no air was moving through them. Upon further inspection I found a lid plastic cover on the outlet with no evidence of a duct above the fan propeller. I tapped on the cover to get an idea of how it was secured and it felt very well attached. I decided to not try and break through it. Why would Fleetwood NOT hook up either of the units to ducting? Or, could there be ducting up there??
BTW the home furnace is an electric Coleman Evcon w/ Deluxe Blend Air II... if that means anything. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Denison
jpingram5

I'm wondering if what your seeing is the plastic damper usually on the 3" outlet. So when it runs if you hold a piece of toilet paper up to it, it does not pull? Snap a picture of the fan inside if you can.
2009 Skyline Sunwood Premier 14 x 80
Greg

You may have to drop the fan assembly down and get a look at things. They may not have hooked a duct to it, Do you see an exhaust anywhere?

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
jpingram5

Yes, after the fan assembly is removed you should be able to see an outlet for the exhaust and there should be a plastic damper on it. Typically the fan assembly should be able to pop out and unplug the power for it.
2009 Skyline Sunwood Premier 14 x 80