Goodman packaged units

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Mark
Site Admin

Yanita,

I didn't realize you had installed a Goodman. We are contemplating installing a line of Goodman parts.

Probably a subject for another topic, but a lot of people ask me to help them find motors for their units. The other day I had a good discussion with one of my suppliers about motors. When he can, he'll quote me prices on 2 motors for the same unit. He'll have a cheap motor, and one that's a bit more expensive. Generally, the more expensive motor runs more efficiently, uses less amps, which means it uses less electricity. Sadly, most people order the cheap motor and will end up paying way more in the long run.

Anyway, that's something to consider if your unit runs a lot. A better quality motor could end up saving you money. As a rule of thumb, the motors without run capacitors tend to use more amps than those that have run capacitors.

Like I said, all that should have been under its own topic in this forum.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
Yanita

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the info, but hopefully I will not be looking at purchasing any new parts for awhile!

It is good to know that you guys are also into units that are not just MH specific.

Hey, LOL, just figured out how to use the split topic control, works good!

Have a great day!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Mark
Site Admin

We actually have furnace parts available for many brands of units like Lennox, McQuay, Amana, GE & others. We can offer some support for Lennox and Goodman, but otherwise at this time a person would need to know the part number for other brands for us to help them.

We are finding that Goodman shows up in more & more modular and manufactured homes, so that's why we're considering adding those parts to the online mix we currently have.

Mark
Yanita

Hey Mark,

Around here alot of the multi sectional homes are coming with the packaged units, whether it be gas packs or heat pumps...most homes are left with the original furnace in the home, just not a complete hook up. All the duct work is attached, but the electrical is not connected in the service panel.

Good to know that I can have my unit trouble shooted here, I trust you and Roberts advice.

Goodman comes with a good warranty, so hopefully I will not have problems for at least 10 years!

Its working real good today, running a little more than yesterday, but then at 10:30 this morning it was already 98*. It is now 1:10 PM and the outside temp is 104. Can only imagine what it is going to be in a few more hours!!! :shock:

~Yanita~
Mark
Site Admin

That's interesting to know that some dealers aren't even using the furnace that comes with the home -- just installing the gas packs. I suppose the price of gas packs isn't that much more than installing a split-system a/c.

Do you have a digital camera? Be interested in seeing some pics posted of your packaged unit?

Mark
Yanita

LOL, yup, I have a digi, but currently it is in the repair shop.

Beautiful little 3 yo granddaughter and I collided, the camera landed on the floor with the zoom lens extended. Pretty much got that pic huh?

Back to the units...last year my son ran into some issues with his heat pump, something about some emergency strips that froze up, don't understand what little I know, anyways, his neighbor is a licensed electrician.

They shut down the heat pump, he wired the electric furnace and the kids had heat until the heat pump was able to get serviced. If nothing else one or the other seems to be a good back up.

We had our original furnace completely removed...it was not original to the home according to what Robert researched for me, but still old and not efficient.

According to Robert, single packaged units are used frequently in this area...I certainly do not know about them being used lets say in your area...there is a major weather difference.

I really only choose Goodman as those are the units I see widely used in this area. Also, not gonna lie, one of our good friends in the business is certified to install these units, he is listed on the Goodman site for install and repairs. Worked out really nicely for us and them!

~Yanita~