Shower Faucet O rings???

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

BEKM

I have a 13 year old Guerdon Double wide with the original plumbing in the main shower but the knobs are starting to leak when they are fully turned off. I just want to know what O rings to get or do I need a whole new faucet set? Also are special tools needed?

Thanks,
Brian
Greg

Brian, your best bet may be to pull it apart (don't forget to shut the water off first) and see what is going on inside. Once you have an idea of what you need, hit the hardware store. They may or may not be available, If not plan on a new faucet. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

More than likely, if this is the original faucet, it is probably not a very good one. Most factory installed faucets are plastic or from a cheap manufacturer. Replacing with a Moen or Delta would be my recommendation. If you have gray plastic polybutylene plumbing lines, I would look at replacing at least the plumbing in the wall going to the faucet and from the faucet to the shower head. JMO

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.