furnace blowing cool air not hot

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

taylor1025

Coleman Evcon DGAT056BDD everything seems to work fine on our furnace except it is blowing cool air out of the registers instead of hot. The green light is solid and the burners are going and the fan. Purchased our home in June 07 and the park did a check on the furnace then and verified the furnace was working. The t-stat is on the heat side and fan on auto. PLEASE HELP.
Robert

Is it a single, double or triple wide ?

Check all registers to see if all are getting good airflow.

If you are getting good airflow, then it is just a temp problem with that airflow.

If so, with everything working as you stated, it sounds like chamber isn't getting hot enough.

Check the gas valve to burner orifice to be sure a spider/web has not got in there (very common).

If that is ok, then you'll need to call the installer or place you bought it from.

It will need testing and should still be under warranty.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
taylor1025

single wide yes all registers are getting a good air flow. not to sound too stupid, but what and where is the gas valve to burner orifice exactly. the flame on the inside looks to be burning pretty good.
Robert

Back of gas valve where it contacts the burner tube.

Small brass fitting with small hole in center.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
rastark

I am having a similar problem.

My unit comes on and blows cold air for quite awhile until it eventually warms up. This is a problem at night, for instance, if I set it at 65 and it comes on only for a few moments to keep it at that temp. If I crank it up to say 67, requiring it to be on for a longer period of time, then it eventually gets warm.

My unit is probably ancient...my home is a 1974 and I don't know how old the furnace is ...don't even know the make right now.

I'll check your suggestion...any other suggestions or pointers?

This is very helpful.
Robert

Hi,

If you would, please start another thread with your info and questions.

That will keep confusion down.

After doing that, I'll delete these posts.

Thanks,
Robert