Blend Air - Need new fan motor

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Palomino

Hello everyone,

I posted about this last year. I noticed last year that my blend air fan motor in the stack on the roof was sounding like it needed replacement. Well, as things go I never got around to researching it further since my system is older. Well, this weekend the fan motor up in the stack started making a loud shreking sound when it is on. So, I disconnected the power to the blend air fan motor for now since I dont want it to burn up or start a fire or anything.

My question is, does Coleman still make a fan motor for my circa 1986 Coleman 7970-856 propane furnace? The Model number on the fan up in the stack is 7681A6501 and it has a 7681-8511 deluxe control box. I know you guys sell a fan motor for the new blend air systems but I was wondering if there is any way to tell if the newer model motor on your website will work with my older blend air system? I also noticed that the newer blend air systems have an upper control box in the stack on the roof. I noticed when I opened mine up that there seemed to be no control box up there just power going up to the fan motor from the control box in the furnace.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike Krivsky
Athelstane, WI
hvac1000

Hi Mike

Here is the link from last years discussion with Robert. He gave you the information you needed then. Click on the link to order the motor. The motor is located on the top left side column. Thank you

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/forums/ ... p?id=27820
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Robert

Hi,

Just wanted to add that I have since then confirmed that the motor 1468-2199 is the replacement motor for your original model Blend Air.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Palomino

Thank you both very very much!
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome and thank you for inquiring with us.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?