Need Cheap Steps

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

BeachBoy

I need a set of steps for the rear door that would be used only for emergencies. I asked a mobile home dealer where he got the steps that he uses on his lot. He said that he bought them in bulk from mobile home parts dealer for about $40 each. You have to add your own 2 x 10's. I have checked a couple of parts dealers and did not find what I described. Any suggestions for a set of cheap steps that I do not have to build?
JD
Site Admin

I don't know if this applies to your situation or your local code, but most of the temporary steps offered at the online parts stores would not pass code for California. That does not mean that an inspector would flag you for the steps, just that they could. The fiberglass steps at mobilehomepartsstore.com with the BOCA hand rail should pass most inspections, provided they came within the proper height requirement. But with shipping, you may be able to pay someone to build your steps cheaper.

Building your own steps from scratch would take a lot more work, but may be your cheapest option.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Greg

Every code I have ever seen does require a hand rail. And if the inspector wants to be tough there are codes for the rail also.
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."