water in a/c ducts?

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

chrissy

A friend of mine has a 3bedroom 2 bath mobile, She says there is water in her A/C ducts, no visible water any where in the house. She said her son was able to fill a cup by putting it in the vent. Any ideas that i can pass on?

Thanks,
Chrissy
hvac1000

Sounds like the A/C coil drain is plugged up causing the water (condensate) to overflow the pan and into the duct. Take corrective action right away.

Clear the drain line and get as much water out of the duct as possible. A wet and dry vac will work if you can find the low spot in the duct. Pull the register grills and vacuum the water out.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
lrjester

Hi ! I had this same problem when I bought my used MH in 2005. I tried everything I could think of before calling the a/c -furnace guy. He came out and did the tune-up on everything. I haven't had any water in the vents since. The previous tenants had not been taking care of the furnace or a/c. I am also sure it had never been serviced, and it is a 95. I also have an installment program set up with that company, to service them both 2 times a year. Since I have a gas furnace, I felt it was well worth the monies spent, since I didn't want any Carbon monoxide issues with the gas furnace.
Yanita

Hi Chrissy,

I am going to move this to the HVAC forum (Heating Venting and Air Conditioning). I know there are several threads in that forum addressing these issues.

When you get to that forum please read the posting instructions as Robert or others will need the make and model #'s from the units that you are inquiring about.

Thanks, and have a great day!

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Mark
Site Admin

If the drain isn't plugged, then it could be a rusted or cracked a/c pan.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!