New install ?'s

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Billy

I've pulled off alot of quality work from listening to the Pros around here.

So here I go again...

MY 12x60 needs AC. The windows units do not cut it. I have very small windows in the MH. The tallest window in the house will only fit a 14 inch tall AC unit. Width is not a problem.

The smallest window unit I can find will not work in my daughters room. It just wont fit in her 13 inch window.

So I need to figure out which way is the best to go.

I put in new duck work and my rebuilt furnance is sitting on top of the truck line. I have no A coil or air handler installed at this time. They were shot and I threw them away months ago.

I do have a electric box on the outside and wire going to the circut breaker. I belive its on a 30A Breaker. This is left over from the old AC. This is the last remaining piece of the old AC.

Im looking for Ideas on how to keep my unit cool. Any help getting me in the right direction would be great.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Billy
Robert

Hi Billy,

By electric box outside, are you referring to a wall mounted disconnect for a condenser unit ?

Just for clarification, you have the furnace, but no blower assembly ?

When you say air handler unit, are you referring to the blower assembly ?

If you have a furnace, your blower assembly would be the one in the furnace. For a/c though, it would need upgraded.

Give me the furnace model number also to see what is needed.

For the window units, you go with a through the wall install fairly easy to moderate for DIY.

I'll be back on here tonight and reply back with more after these questions are covered.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?