Installing a septic pipeline from bottom of MH to Septictank

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Hello all, I last weekend put in the fresh water pipes from the water meter to the MH for my mother and that all worked out good. Now to save her more money I am going to install the pipes for the septic. There are two outlets pipes under the MH. They have been broken. So I am not sure what I am going to have to do in order to put new lines on the house. I dont need to do any piping inside the house, just the pipes and running of the lines from the outlet valves (there are two) I know that I have to bring the one from the front of the MH to the back side and join with the main outlet and then run to the septic tank. I do know that I have to have certain angle down per linear foot. I am not sure of what size pipes I need to get. I know that the guy who fixed the septic tank said that I should use 45 degree angles when connecting pipes instead of 90's and that I should make sure to add a T connection right at base of house incase I need to get to a clog. What kind of cement stuff do I use. Is it very similar to doing the fresh water line? Just on a bigger scale? I know it sounds like I dont know anything, but I am a big DIY and just dont know how to do this job. Thanks for all the help given.
Sande
Greg

Usually 4"PVC pipe is used. assemble the system dry before cementing any joints, it is much easier to take apart and change things around BEFORE you glue it. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Harry

Hi

Also the grade (slope) needs to be at least 1/4 inch for each foot of drain line.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?

Greg,
Thanks for the tip on what size pipe to use. Do you happen to know what I am supposed to do now since the old pipe line that ran from that mobile was broken off instead of cut, and RIGHT at the outlet valve. Am I going to have to replace that whole darn piece. I really hope not. I am going to be going out to the mobile home today, so I will take a pic and upload it. Thanks,
Sande
Harry

Hi

Here the drain can be 3" or more. The pipe and fittings are not expensive.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Greg

Measure the pipe Diameter just to be sure of the size. You should be able to cut the broken section so it is square and just glue a coupling to it. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."

I just wanted to say thanks to all who responded. I finally got all of this done with the help of the guy at home depot. Went wonderful. Digging another ditch was fun :) (hubby rented the ditch digger and then dug the ditch in the wrong place!) but anyway all turned out well and is working great!!