Why is it so HOT??!!

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

browningthree

We have a 2004 Cappaert 28x60 double-wide. We have the thermostat set on 65...our house is always between 79 and 86 degrees during the day and it runs about 96 outside and sometimes it cools off at night. All the doors and windows are closed , we have one big shade tree in the front yard and one in the back yard. Our air conditioner unit was manufactured in 1985. Our home is about 1530 square feet roughly and our unit I believe is a 2 ton unit..I think that we need bigger. But my question is should it be running all the time during the day? We have talked to a local air conditioner guy and he says we don't need a new one and that it is completely normal for it to be this hot in our home..and for our unit to run all the time. I can't believe that! I wouldn't have bought a mobile home if we would have known that. Does anyone have any advice. We have priced a new 3 and a half ton unit with a new blower inside and he quoted with installation that it would be about $1750. We don't want to spend that kind of money if we don't need to. PLEASE HELP!
hvac1000

Post your outside units name, and model number. Hopefully we can find the exact size for your unit you have now and see what can be done to make it run better.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Robert

Hi Wes,

That link was not for calculating the size of an HVAC system for a home.

There is a lot more to that question that is needed than that and therefore it is not recommended.

Please remove the link from your post. (I deleted the post after it had not been removed after 20 hours).

I did not want anyone using it and being mislead about what size unit they need.

Thanks,
Robert
Last edited by Robert on Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Robert

Hi,

Find a reputable Tech to do a Manual J Load Calculation to determine proper sizing of a system for your home.

Also, make sure indoor coil, blower and wheel and outdoor condenser coil is clean, as well as the filter.

Also have system checked for proper charge.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Yanita

Hi,

Our local utility company does the J load calculations for free. You might want to call yours and see if the same is available.

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!