Wow!! my electric bill went down

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

homebuff

Just wanted to say to all of you home owners If you have alot of mold on you a coils, just replace the coil instead of cleaning if its real bad. I recently replaced mine along w/ having to repair my floor from the coil tray rusted into & leaking all over the floor into the existng bedroom. What a mess that was. Any way, my electric bill dropped from $200.00 a month to $130.00-$140.00 a month just like that. can't get enough air flow though that mold. Also the new manual digital thermostat could have made a difference too. Just thought i'd mention this.
Robert

Hi,

That is best, but not always feasible. If they have an older 10 seer a-coil, may not can find one to replace and have to go higher seer, which means replacing the condenser also.

Keeping the coils cleaned regularly and spraying down with a bleach solution helps a lot to avoid that. Also placing condensate tablets in drip pan and/or pouring bleach solution in pan every couple of months.

Keeping the fins straightened so water can run off and not stay saturated there helps also.

Replacing the coil though will definately show you the difference in airflow and $$$$$ saved.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Last edited by Robert on Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
homebuff

Yeh Robert, I'm really happy to see it go down. The hottest days of summer is not here yet but we've had some warm days so far. The worst thing that happened though is the rent went up $10.00. You just can't win. Utilities up & wages stay the same. Oh! gas up here to almost $4.00 a gal. Its really depressing. Have a great evening.