Outside Water Faucet

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

BEKM

After 14 years in this home one of the outside faucets finally gave up and broke. Luckily not a lot of water is leaking on the outside that I can see but I need to replace this faucet. Is there any special thing to look for in a new faucet? I am wondering if it is a screw on type of faucet or a special crimp on/PEX/anything else type of faucets on manufactured homes???

Thanks again for this web site!
BEKM

OKAY I went to ACE Hardware and they hooked me all up. A whole new "HYDRANT" as they call it with ANTI SIPHON built in it. It is a 3/4 inch assembly/pipe but with a coupler I was able to hook right in place where the other Hydrant came out and boy we are in business. Not to bad of a change out. I hope I didn't miss anything.
JD
Site Admin

I am no aware of an actual PEX garden hose bib, though there are washing machine faucets. There are also copper stubouts that could support a hose bib. I like using a 4" nipple to a 90 elbow to an 18" galv nipple to a 90 elbow to a short 4" or so nipple, that the faucet connects to. I make this galv pipe look like an "L" on the bottom so I am able to attach it a piece of 2x4 vertically and stabilize the whole thing. When I am done, the pipe will hold a 5 gal bucket for filling.

Then as you found, it is just a matter of screwing on your faucet.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.