Changed thermostat need advice

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

tr1975hme

My hubby and I changed out our thermostat,( Coleman-6806a732) and its heats house fine but it runs longer than before and we dont have the old anticipator setting no.we want shorter running cycles!! Please help and Happy Holidays!!!
tr1975hme

:( I really would like some help from anyone about my thermostat Im on disability and cant afford for my electric furnace to run constantly,Lord please let someone respond to me! Im using a ceramic heater in one room now because of this,Thanks!!
Robert

What was wrong with old t-stat ? What type was the old and what is the new one ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
tr1975hme

Thank you so much for response! Our 60 amp main breaker blew and it then messed up the sequen. replaced both put the old thermostate back on and furnace wouldnt even come on so we got a new therm.(white rodgers,l39-043 heat therm.) the old one was a Honeywell,the new thermo starts up furnace but will not stop running after temp. is reached! Thanks again,and God Bless!
Robert

Hi,

Sounds like a wiring problem, maybe a miswire somewhere. Would need to know IF thermostat opens once temp is reached or IF the sequencer stays energized through a miswire or a direct short.

May need an hvac tech to diagnose, then could possibly DIY the repair yourself.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?