AC runing all day ?

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

rhaines751

Hello I have a out side ac unit it blows cold but this thing is running all day with out shutting off set at 76 and its only 90 out side . It is a older looking unit should I have some one come to check it out ? Or is this normal in a Mobile home this is our first summer in this Mobile home .
rhaines751

I just did the flash light trick and found 2 spots where the duct was rotted out I patched it with some metal tape for now they where right under the registers . A nother thing I found is just about all the duct that go form the floor to the main duct was loose and pretty much blowing under the floor . I am going to try to fix this too I gess nail it back to the floor and a lot more metal tape will fix it lol
Robert

Hi,

Use aluminum flashing if needed, foil back tape and sheet metal screws to seal it up.

That will have alot to do with it running all day.

Also, go to top blue toolbar, click on HVAC, then click on Articles in the green toolbar.

Read the articles on cleaning your a/c and cleaning your furnace blower which covers cleaning the A-Coil also.

Make sure all is clean.

Thanks for inquiring,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
rhaines751

I fixed it all now I had alot of leaks and it is a world of diffrence cant wait to see my bill now . But my coils are drity the only thing is the gas line is in the way so it cant get the cover all the way off and dont want to mess with the gas any .
Robert

Hi,

Yep, you don't want to warp, bend or distort that cover panel any or damage gas line.

It is tricky and tedious, but the A-Coil must be cleaned if dirty.

May have to call a Tech for that.

Glad you got the holes patched up.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?